Monday 2 April 2012

I LOVE LACE!!

In the past few days the Scrapbook Studio (where I happily work!!) received an order of some beautifully crocheted lace and I was reminded of how much I love lace!!! So I decided to share some of my favorite ways to use it!!

Below are a couple of layouts I created (one of which can be seen in more detail in my "Getting Time For Me" post). 


I love how delicate lace looks and how it is available in so many different widths, styles and colors!!
I find the best way to adhere the lace, is to use scor-tape (or other preferred super tacky tape) or by using a hot glue gun.



And by layering the different laces, I was able to get some more texture and dimension!!



The next images are lacey projects that I happened to find on Pinterest!! (Yes, another one of my many addictions!! LOL) These projects are on my many to do lists!! Click on the highlighted titles below each pic to be directed to the source!






(I am sorry, I couldn't find a link to go directly to this card, but her website has some very lovely ideas!!)


Lace Flowers
These beautiful flowers can be made using several different techniques. 
 
  1. Sew a loose stitch closer to one end and then pull the thread to gather the lace. Tie the thread in a knot and adhere to your project.
  2. Using a Gluber or a large Glue Dot, start adhering the lace, starting at the outside edge and working your way to the center. 
  3. Apply Scor-Tape (or other super tacky tape) to the back of the lace and start adhering to your project (or a small circle shape piece of cardstock) starting from the outside edge and working towards the middle.  
AFTER CREATING YOUR FLOWERS, FINISH OFF BY ADDING BUTTONS, RHINESTONES, PEARLS, ETC TO THE CENTERS!!

These are just a couple of my fave ways to use lace and I would love to hear from you about your favorite ways to create with lace!!!

1 comment:

  1. Cayla, these layouts are all so beautiful!!!!! You really do work magic with lace! :) I love the cute examples of lacy projects, too!

    ReplyDelete

The Great Outdoors...

Hi Friends! Just trying out this blogging thing again! :D I wanted to share some layouts I did this past weekend while attending a fu...