Monday 30 April 2012

A Campin & a Croppin I Went!!

OMG!! Can you say "SPOILED"!!


 After spending three days with a couple of the leading companies in the scrapbook industry, I have to say I was definitely spoiled!! As you can see, my table is covered in loot and not everything is even showing!! The bag in the very back of the picture is FULL of the classes I took (I will blog about them later!) and some of the loot was put to use already!!

Lori (the fabulous owner of Saskatoon's Scrapbook Studio and my lovely boss!) and I arrived in Calgary on Wednesday evening and got all settled in to our hotel room so that we could get up bright and early the next morning to go "shopping" at the Scrapbook Eh! Warehouse!!!! (SHRIEK!!) We proceeded to spend over five hours drooling up and down every isle and I am sure we could have spent more time there if they hadn't have kicked us out!! Lol!

The next morning we were up and at 'em early again to attend the Education Eh! Seminar (put on by the fabulous Scrapbook Eh! staff!) Here, we got to hear from some fabulous speakers from companies such as BoBunny, Basic Grey, Canvas Corp, Graphic 45 and create gorgeous projects which I will post more on later!

 The Carriage House Inn fed us a fabulous breakfast of fresh baked, still warm pastries and muffins (from their in-house bakery!!), coffee, juice, yogurt, fruit and cereal and also a fabulous southwestern style lunch that was sooooo good!!! They really know how to fill a persons belly!! Lol!


After attending the seminar, it was time to check in to Camp Croppin!!! (More shrieking!!) What a fabulous time cropping, taking classes and doing make 'n takes!! I would totally recommend this event to anyone looking for a fabulous croppin retreat!! They had phenomenal contest & door prizes!! 
Not only did I win one Quickutz Revolution die-cutting machines, but TWO!!!! It was a very laughable moment when my name was called for that second one!! LOL


I was super excited also to get a chance to be a "Tent Mom" (basically a helper for the teachers) for the Canvas Corp class! The class was taught by the founder of Canvas Corp, Christine Meier, who was so super awesome and her equally awesome side kick Michelle! They did a fantastic job and I was thrilled to be able to give them a hand with the class!  
And not only was I reimbursed for the class (which I had previously paid to be a student in) but I also got to take the class project kit home and a bag full of goodies to complete the project!!!!
As soon as I have the project to complete the gorgeous project, I will post pictures!!


The above picture is of a door prize I won that included twelve packages of Petaloo Fabric and Glitter Flowers in every color and a stack of BoBunner Enchanted and Smoochable pattern papers!! 

And the below picture is just of more loot I received!!


Well I better go clear off my table so that my husband and kids can eat supper on it this evening! 
(My husband just cringes whenever I drag out my scrapbooking stuff! LOL)

Thanks for stopping by and check back later this week for some pics of the classes I took!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Great Outdoors...

Hi Friends! Just trying out this blogging thing again! :D I wanted to share some layouts I did this past weekend while attending a fu...