Wednesday 3 October 2012

A Day To Visit!



Hi all! I finally have a day off and I thought I could be lazy and scrap all day but that hasn't exactly happened! Things never go the way we plan do they! 
But I did get to have a good visit with some house guests that came down unexpectedly and I got to have a fabulously long chat with my dear friend Ivana. I was going through "Ivana withdrawals" because she has been gone for the last 5 weeks getting married in Croatia and touring Europe (insert a jealous sigh here). And it was so nice to have a chance to catch up (a little bit) and to hear some of her adventures! I hate flying, so I always have to live vicariously through other people who do travel. Someday maybe I'll work up the nerve to fly over that great big ocean, but for now I will just keep my feet on the ground.

I also wanted to let all my crafty friends now that I heard there is still spots available for the fabulous Crop & Create Retreat here in Saskatoon! This year will be my first year attending and I am sooooooooooo excited! The event is hosted by the lovely Scrapbook & Cards Today magazine and it is sure to be a memorable time! I am eagerly counting down the days until I can go! The crop is taking place in the beautiful Delta Bessborough Hotel in the heart of Saskatoon and is right along the South Saskatchewan River. The view over the river right now is breathtaking with all the Autumn colors in full swing and with the hotel being right downtown, there is access to some fabulous shops and restaurants.
 There are going to be some fantastic teachers from some of the leading companies in the scrapbooking industries teaching a variety classes that you don't want to miss!! So click HERE and get all the info and I hope to see you there!!

And now here is a layout that I completed a few weeks ago and I have meaning to get it on my blog! It is a page I scrap-lifted from the above mentioned Scrapbook & Cards Today magazine. As I had said in a previous post, I was going to do a better job at giving credit to the appropriate source.

I found this layout on page 28 in a later issue of the magazine (Winter 2008, Issue 12). It was such a cute layout and I thought it would be a good way for me to get out of my comfort zone. I really like things to be linear and straight, so I have a really hard time with angles and slanty things. 



But here I did it and it really looks cute! Or maybe it just my nephew that is cute!!


I used a line of paper from Bella BLVD called Sunshine & Happines. I also used some Authentique "Fresh" element stickers, Maya Road Pom Pom trim and Kaiser Craft Pearls.


The little hearts on the pattern paper were perfect to cut out and use foam dimensional adhesive to pop them up a bit!


Because the word stickers didn't have every word that I needed to do my journaling, I improvised and hand wrote some of the words in. I have always liked the way that mixed font titles and journaling look, so I was good with the way it all turned out!

But I have to run and do the thousand other things on my list! 
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Great Outdoors...

Hi Friends! Just trying out this blogging thing again! :D I wanted to share some layouts I did this past weekend while attending a fu...