Thursday 25 October 2012

It's Been Awhile...

Hi All! Sorry it's been awhile. I have been busy, busy, busy!

I just wanted to share with you today a couple of layouts I have been working on. I have actually had some time in the last week to do some scrappin'!



My husband got a sequence of pictures showing my son jumping off a bale and this paper from the BoBunny Detour line went perfectly!


I also used some Jillibean corrugated alphas and some Prima wooden buttons from the Craftsman line to give it a more outdoorsy look.

I love this next layout of my nephew being adventurous! He was trying so hard to get up on the bales so he could run around and chase after his cousin!


 The pattern paper I used for the background was from the Echo Park Homemade line. I was really lucking out when I was working on these pages to have found such perfect paper!


To finish off the layout I just raided my stash and used bits and pieces of leftover stickers and rub-ons that I had been "collecting"!


I was kicking my self for not grabbing some of the straw from the bales to use in my scrapbooking! What kind of scrapbooker am I! LOL

Again this next layout is of another of my cutie nephews! Oh to just be able to curl up in someones arms all cozy like that and have a nap! That would be the life!




The chipboard clouds I used in this layout are by Petaloo. I contemplated painting them but then decided that they would look best left raw. So all I did to them is ink the edges using my Tim Holtz Blending tool and some Pumice Stone Distress Ink. Then I took my Pumice Stone Distress Marker and stitched around the edge!


Now this last layout I wanted to make special. The picture is of my daughter on the day of her 13th birthday! Up, officially a teenager! (EEK!)


I used a paper from the Studio Calico Elementary line and gathered a bunch of scraps of a bunch of things to finish it off! I also used a Chicken Wire stencil from Crafters Workshop and Pumice Stone distress ink on the background. It was a little tricky because the stencil was so thin but the effect was worth the effort! I think using a misting spray would have been easier but I didn't have the right color.


Even though I look at others who do beautiful layouts with tons of layers and think they are absolutely stunning, I myself don't normally scrapbook that way. But every once in a while I come across a picture that is worth some extra attention!


Now just some extra info you may be interested in...

There are still spots left for Crop & Create in Saskatoon for those of you who have yet to sign up! Just send me an email at cayla.gaudet@gmail.com and I can forward the info to you or click HERE! I am so looking forward to going this year and having some good times with friends and hopefully getting some layouts done!!!! I hope to see you there too!

Also be sure to sign up at the store for our 2nd Annual Christmas Round Robin! We are taking registration now! Last year we sold out so be sure to give us a call or stop in soon!

Have a fantastic day!!






1 comment:

  1. Cayla, these are all so awesome!!!! Hope you're doing well...Thinking lots of you! :)

    ReplyDelete

The Great Outdoors...

Hi Friends! Just trying out this blogging thing again! :D I wanted to share some layouts I did this past weekend while attending a fu...