Thursday 31 May 2012

More Family!!

I'm so excited to announce that I'm going to be an Aunty again!!! I think what excites me the most is that it's not me having the baby! Lol! (Sorry Carmen! :D)
So with a new niece or nephew on the way (I'm secretly hoping it's a girl! We haven't had a baby girl in the family in 11 years!!!), I got motivated to scrap some pictures of two of my youngest nephews! 

For anyone who hasn't seen the newest PRIMA lines, then you absolutely have to go check them out!! They are stunning!! 
Click HERE for the link to the PRIMA site or stop by the STORE to see them in person!

The line I used for the following layouts is the "EN FRANCAIS" collection. It was so cute with it's vintage rocking horse and the colors were perfect for the pictures!
 

I used a white paint dabber called Snow Cap (I like the RANGER dabbers best!) to give the photos an etched look. I love using this technique to give an aged look to my projects. All I do is drag the dabber along whatever edges I wanted etched and then let dry, which really doesn't take long depending on how thick you put the paint on. I find the best way is to start out with a light hand, then if it's not enough paint you can go over it again with a little heavier hand. You may want to practice with some scraps first to get a feel for how it works!
Another thing you may need to do once in a while if you are noticing the dabber not transfer paint,  is prime your dabber. You can do this by squeezing the bottle and dabbing it onto a scrap piece of paper. This helps to get the paint flowing into the sponge top.


The title was created using the "WALL DECOR AND MORE" Cricut cartridge. This cartridge is great!! It has so many fantastic shapes and sayings, plus it has the alphabet and numbers in several different fonts!! 
I then distressed the edges with the white paint dabber, outlined it with a blue fine-tipped marker and then pop-dotted it to the page.


 If you don't know this about me already, it is that I LOVE to cut out different paper bits and use the pieces as embellishments, such as the tickets I used on the layout below.


Because the paper is designed so well, you really don't need to add much to it which is a great way to save time and get more done!!
 

Again, another layout using cut-out paper elements. Look at those cutey little boys! We make some cute lookin kids in our family! LOL
 

I also partially cut out some of the different elements of the background piece (such as the rocking horse) to tuck the photo and other embellishments behind.
 


I look forward to having another cutey in the family to scrapbook!! And Carmen, try to make it a little more feminine this time!! LOL!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Great Outdoors...

Hi Friends! Just trying out this blogging thing again! :D I wanted to share some layouts I did this past weekend while attending a fu...