Tuesday 22 May 2012

EXTENDED FAMILIES

Good day everyone!! 
It's a rainy day outside so that means.... Scrapbook time for ME!!!! Wahoo!

Well I hope everyone had a fantastic long weekend! I got to spend the weekend with my family (which was much needed!) in Edmonton doing a little (or maybe a lot!! Hehehe!) of shopping! My daughters loved it and my son and husband were very patient with us girls! And it was a great time!

Now back to reality!! As I mentioned in my previous post, I would show some of what I accomplished at the crop I went to.

This first layout is of my daughter's dad and new step-mom on their wedding day last summer. Is it weird that I am scrapbooking this event? Maybe... but it was an important moment for my girls and really, I'm a scrapbook addict so I will scrapbook anything! LOL!

No seriously, my girls dad and I have a working relationship. In fact, I like to think that we are friends. I know that this is not a common thing among separated parents, but I believe that my children's happiness is by far the most important thing to me than maintaining anger and resentment towards someone that is going to be a part of the rest of my life, whether I like it or not. He is a great father and I can not fault him or our kids for our relationship not working. He married a fantastic women and I am now married to a fantastic man and we all love our kids to the fullest extent possible. And that is what matters the most!! And besides my kids are spoiled rotten by all the grandparents and extended family they have!! LOL!

Okay, back to the layout! :D 
The paper I used for this layout is from an older Pink Paislee collection called Butterfly Garden. I loved this line and it was so super easy to work with. I cut up a lot of the patterns to smaller pieces to layer onto the layout.

Now because the layers all are basically the same colors, they didn't stand out very well. So by using a blending tool and Walnut Stain Distress Ink, I was able to add some contrast to the pieces and make them stand out a little better.
 


The title was originally a bright orange alpha sticker set but by first sanding the glossy finish off the letters and then adding Aged Mahogany Distress Stain to them, I was able to get the color I wanted. 


I also used a Martha Stewart border punch to the edge of one of the layers and inked the edges.


This next layout is of another wedding layout using, again, an older line from Prima called Botanical. With the colors being so similar to the last layout, it was easy to create a coordinating page.


I love to fussy cut! I find it very relaxing and you can create the perfect matching embellishments to adorn your pages. 


To create the tickets below, all I did was cut a 5 1/2" x 1 3/4" piece of pattern paper. I then folded the piece in half to get a fold line and while it was still folded I punched a half circle with a regular hole punch.(You can punch the hole when it is unfolded too if you have a hole punch that will reach far enough in.) I then unfolded the piece and punched a half circle on both ends, in the middle of the long edges by the fold line and punched quarter circles at the four end corners. To finish the piece I inked the edges and the fold in the middle. Also, if you have a perforating tool, you can run it along both ends and along the middle fold line to get a more realistic look. 
(Gosh, I hope that all made sense!! LOL! Give me a shout if I've confused you!!)


This last layout I'm going to show you today is of one of the several sets of grandparents my daughters have. I loved using the greys and pinks in this layout!


This layout was created using a mish-mash of scraps and a misc. piece for the background.
 (Sorry, I had cut the company info off this paper a while ago when I was going to use if for something else and then didn't end up using it and I have forgotten which company it was!! I think it is either Pink Paislee, Teresa Collins or maybe Echo Park.)


I love tracing shaped journal or title pieces that I had bought from different companies. I like to buy these pieces and use them only as templates. That way you can use the great shapes and get the perfect match for a project.


 To create the embellishment in the top right corner, I used a stick pin from Little Yellow Bicycle. I placed a bead on it then stuck it through the knot of a bow I had made. I then pushed the pin through the 3D foam adhesive I had used on the back of the "Love" piece and added two more beads to the end. I used some liquid glue to secure the last bead in place.


Thanks for stopping by! Happy crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Great Outdoors...

Hi Friends! Just trying out this blogging thing again! :D I wanted to share some layouts I did this past weekend while attending a fu...