Monday 12 March 2012

HERE'S TO A PRODUCTIVE WEEKEND!

Happy Monday Everyone! 
I hope you all enjoyed your weekend! I for one had a fabulous weekend! Not very often do I get a whole weekend off that wasn't requested so that I could be somewhere.
It was so nice to just stay home, relax and get some much needed craft time for ME in, all weekend long!! I am not sure my husband approved of my very lazy days but I cooked all the meals so he can't complain! LOL!

Like I said, I got alot of craft time in this weekend and I completed quite a few projects!


Not very often to I do a double-page layout but sometimes it is called for! Such as these pictures of me doing my matron-of-honor duties and giving a toast at my sisters wedding.  My sisters wedding was a couple years ago and I have been holding off on creating with these pictures because of the weird colors!! You know, the typical orangy wood paneled walls and floor of small town halls mixed in with my bright blue dress! Not the ideal colors to work with!!


So I decided to put the pictures aside until I found paper that would be perfect!! And at last it happened! A couple weeks ago the store received a Graphic 45 order and "Olde Curiosity Shoppe" was the perfect paper to get this layout done!!


I trimmed out some of the butterflies from the paper and other bits and used those as embellishments. I used a cream colored paint dabber to distress the edges of my photos give a more aged distressed look.
The combination of the orange and the blue in this line was perfect for this layout!


Below is the finished canvas that I spoke of in my last post using the Teresa Collins Everyday Moments paper!! I absolutely LOVED this collection and was so inspired to create with it!!


Using a Prima corner mask and some blue Glimmer Mist (sorry, I don't know the name of the mist because it was in a little mister from awhile ago and wasn't labelled!! Oops!) I was able to create the background of the canvas. Next I stamped a distressed border using a blue paint dabber on partial edges of the canvas.


The butterfly was a hair clip (I tore off the clip part) that I purchased at the local Micheals Store and the silk flowers (which I am sure are not real silk! LOL) I picked up at the local dollar store. The paper flowers I made using my Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die!

I also added more dimension to the canvas by adhering some of the elements coming out of the back of the canvas!
For anyone attending the crop in Osler in May, you will see this canvas as one of the prizes!!

I hope to post more projects that I completed later this week! So come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Great Outdoors...

Hi Friends! Just trying out this blogging thing again! :D I wanted to share some layouts I did this past weekend while attending a fu...