Pages

Monday, 23 January 2012

Happy Monday!!!

Happy Monday Everyone! Thanks so much for stopping by!!

 I don't know about you but I had a pretty productive weekend! I got some much needed housework done, did a little baking and still got in a little bit of craft time!! Yyyyyyaaaaayyyyy!!
Below is a layout I completed of my Sammy's 7th birthday party. I used a My Minds Eye paper for the background and a diecut of a black banner to put along the top. I then tied some MME twine around the top. Also, to give the paper more character, I used a distress technique to get coffee mug stains on the page. (See below for this technique). I then added some rhinestones and brads to finish it off.

 The title was made using Prima alphabet letters and to make perfectly straight journaling I tried out my Karen Foster journaling templates.
Coffee Mug Stain Technique
Smoosh your Tim Holtz Distress ink onto a craft mat (if you don't have a craft mat, wax paper will do as well). Mist with water to form small inky water droplets. Press the rim of a mug, lid or any other round object into the watered down ink and stamp onto your page! You may have to experiment with this technique to perfect it!

Have Fun!!!

3 comments:

  1. What a great layout! Thanks for teaching new techniques too! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaaawwwwww! Thanks Theresa! You are pretty amazing yourself!!

      Delete
  2. Awe Sammy, so cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete