Monday 29 December 2014

Merry Christmas!

Good evening! I hope you all had a fabulous and Merry Christmas and are ready to bring in the New Year!! :D

I had the best Christmas ever! For the first time in 11 years I got to wake up on Christmas morning in my own bed and host my very own Christmas dinner in our new house! Well to be truthful, I had the guests bring the turkey! But trust me, that was for the best! Lol! 
I really did miss spending Christmas with my husbands family though, my mother n' law really does spoil us! :D

The couple of weeks leading up to Christmas got right crazy and hectic, so I didn't quite get everything crafty accomplished that I had wanted too. I took on a couple extra shifts at work and by the time I got home each day, I was just too darn lazy! But the last couple days have been really nice and quiet and I finally found some time to spend how I pleased! :D

I would like to say that I was super productive and got lots accomplished... but that would be a horrible lie! Lol! But I did get this layout done! 



I had these photos taken of my daughter at the end of her grade 8 year by a very talented photographer and dear friend of mine, Ivana! She did such an amazing job capturing Danielle's beauty and personality!


The paper I used for this layout was the Typography collection from Graphic 45. When I first saw the photos Ivana had taken, I would not have guessed I would be using such a vintage looking paper, but this line just worked perfectly with these photos!

Some embellishment I used included:
 Stampin Up washi tape
Teresa Collins washi tape
Studio Calico cork chevron arrows
Basic Grey alpha/journaling stickers
Maya Road camera transparency piece
Misc twine.

The "Inspire" quote and "alphabet card" were pieces I cut directly from the Graphic 45 paper.


To create the banner, I tore various pieces of washi tape off their roles. I then wrapped them around the twine. I left them with the rough edges but you could easily trim them to give them a cleaner, tidier look.


I used 3-D foam dimensional adhesive on the alpha letter stickers to make them stand out a bit more and I did all my journaling along the white cardstock strips.

I also used the foam adhesive on the camera transparency piece. You can't tell though because I used black ones and they are hidden so nicely!

Tomorrow I return to work but I am super excited for the end of the month to come! In just a few short weeks I get to go hang out with my scrappy SK peeps for an annual library fundraising event in Langham! I have attended this crop every year for the last 4 or 5 years now but never as someone who just gets to play!! I have always gone representing a store, so I am really looking forward to the crop this year and hanging out with all you crafty ladies!! :D
Maybe I'll have some more projects to show off! :D

I hope you all have a safe and happy New Year!
~Cayla~

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Great Outdoors...

Hi Friends! Just trying out this blogging thing again! :D I wanted to share some layouts I did this past weekend while attending a fu...