Saturday 25 October 2014

It's a "Spook-tacular" Blog Hop!!!!


Well if you have arrived here from Jody's Blog for this awesome Halloween Blog hop, then you have come from the right place! If you want to start from the beginning head HERE first then come on back! At the end of my post there will be a list of all the links in order for the hop!

I always have mixed emotions when the end of October comes! On the one hand, I hate that winter is just around the corner and that the snow will be coming at any moment, because I really dislike being cold. But on the other hand, I love Halloween! It is so much fun helping my kids get all dressed up in their costumes! This year I am a little sad though because I think my oldest has decided not to dress up! (Wahhhhh! I'm not ready!)
She was the one that always had awesome costume ideas!



These were the last two year's costumes. They were great!

Well with the move to Calgary I get to be close to my other teenage daughter Abby! And she is still in to dressing up and going out. So I can help her go all out! Yyyyaaayyyy!!!

This year I also decided to decorate my house for the first time and do up some Halloween projects! I was quite excited! I have a couple of special little trick'r treaters coming to my door this year, so I decided to make them something special!


This first project is a paper "treat" bag. Pretty simple project that I made by cutting pieces of black, purple and orange cardstock that fit the front of the bag. I find that paper bags vary by company in sizes, so you just have to measure your bags to get the measurements. I used a border punch on the edges of the purple piece and ran the orange piece through my Cuttlebug to give it an embossed textured. The embossing folder I used was by Cuttlebug and was called Spots & Dots

To make the cute little characters, I first stamped the images using stamps I purchased years ago from Micheals onto white cardstock and then colored them in using good old Crayola pencil crayons! (And by the way, I am not convinced that the little dracula looks right in purple! I was originally going to leave him with a white face but that didn't look right either!) I then cut them out and adhered them to the front of the bag. I then stamped the sentiment onto a white cardstock strip, colored it and cut the end to form the banner.

To finish everything off, I used my fine tip black sharpie to draw stitching, punched some holes through the top of the bag (that was folded over) and added some ribbon & fibers to hold the bag closed! Now all I have to do is fill the bag with some goodies and hand it over to one sweet little girl!

Most of you know I LOVE PINTEREST!!! And when I saw these next couple of things, I had to try them...


Of course I don't know about you, but whenever I try to do something that I see on Pinterest, it rarely looks the same! This was no exception. I think because I tried to use chocolate bars that I knew the person I was giving them to was going to like, but the wrappers just didn't look the greatest! One way to fix this I think, is to wrap the bars in cardstock before wrapping it with the crepe streamer paper (which is what I used). They are still cute and it's still chocolate, so score all around!
 You can check out the website HERE to see where I got my inspiration.


 These next cute little treat bags were totally copied from HERE! I'm not ashamed to say I am not always original! Lol!

I just loved these little guys! They are soooooo super adorable! I did improvise alittle because I don't have a couple of the tools she used.


To make the tops, the original used a Stampin Up! punch (which would have made it super easy and quick), but my way worked too! I used some of my dies and followed THIS tutorial. I measured the width of my die and cut a piece of cardstock to the same width and a length of 8.5". I cut both ends using the die and then scored at 4.5" from each end. (You could also score before you punch the ends, it doesn't matter which order you do that step.) 



To draw the white mouth and eye dots, I used the Sharpie water-based paint marker which I love, love love! Just don't shake it with the lid off! Lol! 

In the original, she only used a small piece of candy on the bottom. But that is no fun, so I filled little baggies and stapled them in when I folded the two sided up!

 Check out my Halloween Ideas board for more great ideas.

Here is a quick layout I did up...


I used an older line from Echo Park called Apothecary Emporium mixed with some stickers from Chillingsworth Manor.


It is hard to tell in the picture, but I used lots of 3L foam adhesive to give dimension to the elements on the page. I also added a metal skull and cross bones embellishment that I've held onto for years, just waiting for that perfect project. I'm sure you wouldn't know what that's like! Lol!


And lastly, a banner I made that will be proudly displayed in my house for a little halloween get together I'll be having! :D


Ignore the desperate screams for re-staining by my deck rails!

Thanks for stopping in! Let me know what you think, I would love to hear your comments!
Happy Halloween everyone!
~Cayla~

Next head on over to Tracy's Blog and check out her super cute canvas and be sure to check out the other lovely lady's blogs as well!!

Stop #2: Cayla's Crafty Corner (That's Me!)
Stop #3: My Crazy Life
Stop #4: Crafty Carlye



4 comments:

  1. Wow! You sure were a busy girl, Cayla! Everything looks so fantastic and I really like the Halloween banner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the banner and the chocolate bars! Great job! Can't wait for another "hop" with you!

    ReplyDelete

The Great Outdoors...

Hi Friends! Just trying out this blogging thing again! :D I wanted to share some layouts I did this past weekend while attending a fu...