Only one more week and then I get to make that borrrrrrring 6 hour drive back to Saskatchewan to come scrap with some of my crafty peeps! I am soooooo excited!!! :D
I have been looking forward to this trip for months now and I would drive half way around the world to be at this crop!
It's not going to be fancy or have big time, headliner scrapbook designer people there... but it will have some of the nicest ladies I have ever met, good homemade food and a whole lot of laughs! So I wouldn't dream of missing it for the world! :D
I have been to this crop every year for the atleast the last 5 years (maybe more) as a store rep, but this year I am going just as myself and I get to play! :D
But of course I was thinking I needed to be doing something a little extra for my good friend Lana, who is the one putting on the show with her lovely ladies from the Langham Library (this is a fundraiser crop to raise money for their local library!) So I started gathering a few things and may have put together a beautiful prize basket to donate! :D
Here is a little sneaky peak, but only a little one! I don't want to spoil the surprise!
I know that anyone who wins this fabulous prize is going to love it! I want to win it! Lol!
So now before I go and spend the next week agonizing over what supplies, tools and projects and I can fit into my vehicle between my kids and their suitcases, I want to share this cute little card I made. I have even written up a quick tutorial for you, so I hope you will give it a try!
Supplies I used:
"Work of Art" stamp set (Stampin Up!)
Whisper White Ink (Stampin Up!)
Black StazOn Ink
White Cardstock (5.5" x 8.5")
Black Cardstock (4" x 5.25")
Coral Cardstock (1.25" x 5")
Teresa Collins Sequins
Misc Dk Coral Twine
Acrylic Block (for stamps)
3L Foam Adhesive
- Round the corners of the black cardstock piece using the corner rounder.
- Stamp the background of the black cardstock using the Whisper White ink. I love this ink but it takes FOREVER to dry (if it ever dries), hence the heat gun. Use the heat gun until the ink is dry but be careful not to hold it in one place for too long!!! You can burn the ink and turn it brown! The heat gun is also hot enough to start the paper on fire, also another good reason NOT to hold it in one place for to long! :D
- Adhere the black cardstock to your card front using the foam adhesive. (I love dimension!)
- Trim your coral cardstock piece to make the banner.
- Stamp the zig zag pattern using black StazOn ink (Any other black ink will do too. I just love my StazOn. :D )
- Tie some of the dark coral twine around the banner and make a bow.
- Adhere the banner to the cardfront using the foam adhesive. (Yay! More dimension!)
- Using the Glossy accents and tweezers, add some sequins to your card. Again, there are other adhesives that would work to adhere the sequins, so use what you like best!)
This is a really cute and quick card that would work well for upcoming Valentines day or change up the colors and turn it into a birthday card!
I just bought this stamp set and I LOVE it! You can scroll through my
for some great inspiring ideas on how to use it!
Well I guess I should run along now and get busy doing things! I look forward to seeing some of you in Langham next weekend! :D