Tuesday 26 February 2013

Better late then never...

Hi all! So last month I did a post about the 2013 Scrapbook & Cards Calendar and my intention was to complete a layout each month based on the sketch/layout they featured for each month. 
Well with February almost gone, I figured I should get on that! :D

So this is what the example and sketch looked like in the calendar...


 And here is what I came up with...



Now I have to admit, I really was having troubles liking this layout at first. I just couldn't get my layout to look like I hadn't just thrown stuff on and said done.


But with one of my cute nephews on it, it is slowly growing on me! :D

I also said I would show you what I was upto for my sister's shower that I hosted a couple weekends ago. (I know, I'm a little slow getting posts on my blog this month and I said I would have them up sooner. Sorry for the delay!)


I love the idea of diaper cakes! I think it is a great way to present the new mother with items they will NEED and make it look so cute! I loved they way this cake turned out and it was relatively quite easy to do. Just make sure you have tons of good elastics!

 


I had alot of fun doing up these wood letters in cute, girly colors!


I also made up this card for my sister but these photos just don't do it justice! No matter what I tried, I couldn't get the pics to show all the dimension on the card. So you will just have to trust me when I say it really wasn't so flat looking!




And here is a cutey pic of my little niece wearing the cute dress I bought her for her debut at the shower! When I saw the dress in the store, I knew I had to buy it. It is hard to tell in the pics but it is covered in those fabulous fabric rosettes that are so popular in scrapbooking and it just spoke to my scrappy nature.


Awww... Time for some Aunty cuddles!



 Well I better get my butt in gear and get some house work done!
Thanks for stoppin in!
~Cayla~

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Great Outdoors...

Hi Friends! Just trying out this blogging thing again! :D I wanted to share some layouts I did this past weekend while attending a fu...