Monday 23 January 2012

Happy Monday!!!

Happy Monday Everyone! Thanks so much for stopping by!!

 I don't know about you but I had a pretty productive weekend! I got some much needed housework done, did a little baking and still got in a little bit of craft time!! Yyyyyyaaaaayyyyy!!
Below is a layout I completed of my Sammy's 7th birthday party. I used a My Minds Eye paper for the background and a diecut of a black banner to put along the top. I then tied some MME twine around the top. Also, to give the paper more character, I used a distress technique to get coffee mug stains on the page. (See below for this technique). I then added some rhinestones and brads to finish it off.

 The title was made using Prima alphabet letters and to make perfectly straight journaling I tried out my Karen Foster journaling templates.
Coffee Mug Stain Technique
Smoosh your Tim Holtz Distress ink onto a craft mat (if you don't have a craft mat, wax paper will do as well). Mist with water to form small inky water droplets. Press the rim of a mug, lid or any other round object into the watered down ink and stamp onto your page! You may have to experiment with this technique to perfect it!

Have Fun!!!

3 comments:

  1. What a great layout! Thanks for teaching new techniques too! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaaawwwwww! Thanks Theresa! You are pretty amazing yourself!!

      Delete
  2. Awe Sammy, so cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

The Great Outdoors...

Hi Friends! Just trying out this blogging thing again! :D I wanted to share some layouts I did this past weekend while attending a fu...