Wednesday 10 April 2013

Chevron...

Well I am super excited today! Tomorrow Lori & I are headed to Calgary for "Education Eh!", a retailer's event put on by our Calgary supplier. It is a day packed full of classes and we get to hang with some scrappy people from some of the top companies such as Bo Bunny, Sizzix, Graphic 45 and more!! I went to this event for the first time last year and I LOVED it!! The classes were fantastic, the company reps were lovely and the food at the Carriage House Inn (were we are staying and playing!) is AMAZING!! (They have their own in-house bakery which means lots of yummy treats!)

But I wanted to blog a quick post because I came across this great technique and I had to share it with you! I get emails regularly from Splitcoaststampers.com
 This is a fantastic site that has the best tutorials page for learning every type of technique imaginable! Click HERE to check it out!

The technique they emailed me this morning was how to make a chevron border. I have tried a couple of things but nothing was as quick and easy as this tutorial! I fell in love with it and if you click HERE, you can see for yourself!

Well of course I also had to try it myself! :D And so below is a picture of a card I created using this technique. 


This card literally took me only 15 minutes to make and everything but the base is just scraps! I can't wait to get some more time to do up a page and try this using different widths!
 But go give it a try for yourself and let me know what you think! 
I would love to see what you come up with so post a pic on my Facebook page!!

I'll be back next week with some goodies I bring back from Calgary!
~Cayla~

1 comment:

  1. SUUUUPER gorgeous card, Cayla! I saw that tutorial as well, and thought it was awesome! Hope I get a chance to test it out sometime! Wishing you a wonderful time in Calgary at the event and with your family!!! I can`t wait to hear all about it when you get back! :)

    ReplyDelete

The Great Outdoors...

Hi Friends! Just trying out this blogging thing again! :D I wanted to share some layouts I did this past weekend while attending a fu...