Wednesday 27 March 2013

Back again!

I know what your thinking, "back so soon?" Lol! 
But I have been slaving away at my crafting station (aka the kitchen table) and putting together my layout for the March layout from the Scrapbook & Cards Today sketch calendar!


And here is mine...


Once again I have used the French Country line from Graphic 45.


I am pretty sure I am addicted to using the foam adhesive from 3L! I usually go through atleast half a package of it every time I sit down to scrap a page and I am a very frugal adhesive user! Lol But I love dimension and their foam adhesive is my fave for adding layers!
In this layout, I have popped up alot of the elements including the pictures. Actually, I doubled up on the adhesive behind the pictures to get even more depth and to bring more attention to them. I am finding that more and more I am not matting my photos but using different means to draw attention to them such as popping them up, sanding the edges or putting hand-drawn stitches around them. 
In this layout I have done both hand-drawn stitches and popping them up!


I have carried the hand-drawn stitching on throughout my layout, along edges and going into elements. I used my trusty black ulta-fine point Sharpie to get the job done. I get asked how I get my stitches looking straight and I don't really have a specific technique except to just pick up my hand and move it along. All my stitching is done by eye-balling it and I don't use a ruler or any other straight edge.


Have a great day!
~Cayla~

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Great Outdoors...

Hi Friends! Just trying out this blogging thing again! :D I wanted to share some layouts I did this past weekend while attending a fu...