Thursday 3 May 2012

MAKE & TAKES!!

As promised, here are a few of the mini projects and make 'n takes I did at Camp Croppin last weekend! 

I am sorry if there is not a lot of explaining with each project! I am burning the candle at both ends lately and am feeling a bit under pressure to get some of my to do list checked off! But I did want to do up a quick post like I said I would!!

These first two are make 'n takes from Bella Blvd (left) and Basic Grey (right).

The little gift card holder was really cute. it folds up and has a little paper belt to hold it all closed up. It also has two little pockets on the inside for tucking in a gift card or a little note!


The little Basic Grey flower was used using a package of pre-cut flowers from the Konnichiwa line and using two magnets on the back so that you can then clamp it to something!


This next little mini project was with one of my favorite companies, Canvas Corp!! I can't wait until I can finally get some time to finish up a kit from a class I took and post pictures! The project was gorgeous and Christine (founder of Canvas Corp) and Michelle were so sweet!! And there products are so versatile and fabulous!!

The flower was made using 5 scalloped circles!! 
You take four of the circles and fold them in half and then fold the two sides into the center. Then glue the four pieces to the left over circle! As soon as I have some time I will try to do up a tutorial! They are super easy and make a great embellishment! 

I love how we took four mini envelopes to create this project. So now I can make little notes and tuck them into each pocket!!


The last couple of things I want to post before I run out of time are two make 'n takes from Canvas Corp (right) and another of my fave companies Graphic 45 (left)!


The canvas flower was made using a Canvas Corp pre-made canvas flower that they sell and some of their great kraft pattern paper. 
I found out over the weekend that Canvas Corp products are made using as much recycled materials as possible (which I love!) and that the soy-based ink they used on some of the pattern papers created a great resist effect when inked or sprayed with color mediums, which was a complete but awesome coincidence!

I didn't really like how my flower turned out but I got a little carried away with spraying to many different colors of glimmer on it! The samples they had sitting at the make 'n take table were gorgeous!! Check out the project page on their website for some great examples of what to do with them! 


The card was made using the Kraft Reflections line by Graphic 45. A gorgeous line that is sooo versatile!!
Using the little hinges gave the card so much character!! I love using metal! 

And do you know what the absolute best way to adhere metal embellishments is??  
Glossy Accents by Ranger!  I have heard a few people say it works great but I was just never quite convinced to try it until this past weekend and it works so great!! It takes a little longer to set and dry but works just as great as krazy Glue!! Once it's dry, it's never coming off!! And holds EVERYTHING, from paper to metal!! But give it a try and see what you think! You might be surprised!

Okay, so this post turned out longer then I thought it would but I just had so much to share!! Be sure to check back next week as I continue to post more Camp Croppin projects and tutorials!!

Gotta Run!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Great Outdoors...

Hi Friends! Just trying out this blogging thing again! :D I wanted to share some layouts I did this past weekend while attending a fu...